Tuscan Wild Boar Ragu Recipe
The perfect way to introduce your family to Wild Boar. Give this Wild Boar Ragu recipe a go today!
1 500g pack of diced Ben Rigby wild boar, available from Wild and Game
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 glass of red wine
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 stick of celery, finely diced
1 tsp mixed dried Italian herbs
2 tsp minced garlic
100g cubed pancetta
A few glugs of olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3, 165 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat the olive oil and fry the chopped onion, carrot and celery until soft. Add the pancetta and cook for a few more minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the wild boar and cook until lightly browned.
4. Add the wine, herbs and tomatoes.
5. Place in the oven for 2 hours. Check occasionally and add water if it’s looking dry.
6. Serve with tagliatelle or pappardelle.