Venison Macaroni Bake Recipe
A delicious traditional dish with a twist. Give this venison macaroni bake recipe a go, you’ll love it.
500g Wild and Game venison mince
500g grated Cheddar
250g grated mozzarella
1.5 tsp salt
Half a tsp pepper
4 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely diced
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
2 medium onions, finely diced
2 tins chopped tomatoes
3 generous tbsp tomato puree
25g panko breadcrumbs (optional)
A glug of olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade, gas mark 7.
2. Fry the onion, celery and carrot in the olive oil until soft.
3. Add the bacon and venison and cook until the venison is no longer pink.
4. Add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the macaroni for 4 minutes, drain, and rinse with cold water.
7. Beat the eggs and add to the milk. Pour this mixture into the macaroni. Add the Cheddar. Add the salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly.
8. Layer half of the macaroni mix in a lasagne dish. Top with the venison mince mix, then top with the rest of the macaroni mix.
9. Top with the mozzarella and sprinkle on the panko if using.
10. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until nicely browned. Serve immediately.