Super Beany Venison Chilli Nachos Recipe
A new super beany venison chilli nachos recipe that will keep you warm and brighten your days this February.
500g Wild and Game venison mince
1 tin black beans
1 tin kidney beans
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
15g dark chocolate
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 thick rashers of bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1 tsp Worcester sauce
500ml beef stock
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
A couple of glugs of olive or vegetable oil
To make the nachos
2 large bags tortilla chips
150g grated Cheddar or Mozzarella
Guacamole – either bought readymade or made by briefly whizzing 2 avocados, half a red onion, diced; 1 diced tomato; a handful of coriander; a couple of tablespoons of lime juice; a handful of coriander and some sea salt in a blender until coarsely mixed.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225C, gas mark 7.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion until soft.
3. Add the bacon and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the venison and stir until browned.
5. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the chilli, cumin, oregano and coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Add the tomatoes, stock, chocolate, Worcester sauce, tomato puree and sugar.
8. Add the beans.
9. Cook for 1 hour, then season to taste.
10. Tip the tortilla chips into an oven-proof tray and top with the chilli.
11. Top the chilli with the cheese.
12. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
13. Top with guacamole and soured cream and serve.