Wild Boar Haunch Steaks with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Thinking about purchasing one of our new wild boar haunch steak products?
Check out this recipe. Feeds 2
1 pack of 2 Wild and Game wild boar haunch steaks
Half an onion or 1 large echalion shallot, finely diced
1 tbsp brandy
250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
150ml crème fraiche
5 tbsp green peppercorns in brine, drained
A generous handful of parsley, finely chopped
A knob of butter
A glug or two of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan and pan-fry the steaks on a medium heat to your liking: 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare, 5-6 minutes each side for medium and around 8 minutes each side for well done. Set aside to rest.
2. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and fry the onion, stirring vigorously, until soft.
3. Add the peppercorns and the brandy and cook for a couple of minutes to cook off the alcohol.
4. Add the stock and cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes until reduced by half.
5. Turn the heat off and stir in the creme fraiche and parsley. Season to taste.
6. Return the steaks to the pan, cover them with sauce and gently for about 2-3 mins.
7. Serve with vegetables of your choice.