Rabbit Stew Recipe
A hearty Rabbit stew recipe with Wild Mushroom and dumplings. You and your family will love this recipe, give it a go today.
1 Wild and Game rabbit
80g bacon lardons
2 tbsp plain flour
1 onion, diced
1 stick of celery, diced
200g wild mushrooms, roughly cut
2 garlic cloves, minced
750ml chicken stock
A small glass of white wine
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
2 tbsp crème Fraiche
A knob of butter
A glug or two of olive oil
For the dumplings
100g self-raising flour
2 tsp herbs
1 tsp salt
A generous few grinds of pepper
1. Joint the rabbit – you can find videos online that will explain how to do this. Don’t worry – it’s easy.
2. Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and brown the rabbit pieces. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the bacon, onion, and celery to the pan and cook until the onion and celery are soft.
4. Return the rabbit to the pan. Add the herbs and wine and bubble for a few minutes.
5. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook very gently for 30 minutes with the lid on then remove the lid and cook for a further 20 minutes, then stir in the crème Fraiche.
6. Make the dumplings by combining all dumpling ingredients with enough water to make a dough. Divide into 8 balls.
7. Add the dumplings to the pot, turn the heat up very slightly and put the lid on. Cook for 20 minutes until dumplings have fluffed up.
8. Serve with vegetables of your choice.