Pot-Roasted Grouse in a Coconut Curry Sauce Recipe
A delicious pot-roasted grouse curry. Perfect for a Saturday night in. Give it a go for yourself. You can purchase our Whole Grouse online.
2 whole grouse
1 large onion, sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tin of coconut milk
1 large potato, cut into large chunks
Salt and pepper to taste
A glug or two of olive oil
A handful of fresh coriander.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, gas mark 7.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large oven and hob proof lidded pan and fry the grouse until browned. Remove and set aside.
3. Fry the onion in the pan until soft.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
5. Add the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the stock, coconut milk, potatoes and tomatoes.
7. Heat until bubbling, then simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the grouse, put the lid on and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and season the sauce to taste.
10. Serve with rice and nan breads.