A delicious venison kofta curry you and your family will love. Perfect for a weekend treat.
For the koftas
500g Wild and Game minced venison
Half a tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea salt
1 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
For the curry sauce
A glug or two of olive or vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1.5 tbsp medium curry powder
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
Salt to taste
1. Place all the kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly, using a wooden spoon to break up the mince.
2. Shape into 12 burgers. If there’s time, place in the fridge for 1 hour to firm them up.
3. Heat the oil in a large saute pan or wok and fry the koftas, turning gently until nicely browned.
4. Near the end of this process, add the onion and cook until soft.
5. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, and coconut milk.
7. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until the koftas are cooked through and the sauce is the desired consistency. Add salt to taste and serve with rice.