A super delicious roasted venison sausages recipe with jam and mustard. Give it a go today!
2 packs wild and game venison and black pepper sausages
250ml red wine
2 tbsp seedless blackberry preserve (bramble jelly)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 knob butter
1 tsp minced garlic
4 red onions, sliced
4 peppers, sliced
75 ml olive oil
To complete the gravy
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cornflour
500ml beef stock
1 tbsp mushroom ketchup
Salt to taste
Mashed, baked, or roasted potatoes
1. Put the olive oil in a roasting tin and put it in an oven at 220C/Gas mark 7 for a few minutes to heat.
2. Heat the 1 tbsp of olive oil and knob of butter in a pan and gently fry the garlic for a minute before adding the wine and bubbling for a few minutes.
3. Add the blackberry preserve, honey, and mustard, and cook until smooth and glossy.
4. Meanwhile tip the sausages, onion, and peppers into the roasting tin and toss in the hot oil.
5. Retain 100ml of the wine, mustard, and jam sauce and pour the rest onto the sausages and vegetables. Stir until coated then place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make the gravy by adding the additional honey, plus the mushroom ketchup and stock to the remaining jam and wine mixture. Heat until bubbling then mix the cornflour with water to make a runny paste and stir in so the gravy thickens. Season to taste.
7. Serve the sausages with the gravy and vegetables of your choice.