These super easy venison meatballs and one of the best things we’ve found to make with minced venison.
Based on a popular Korean recipe, they can be on the table in about half an hour. The magic touch is the sticky glaze you pour over them before serving.
For the meatballs
1 pack Wild and Game minced venison
100g fresh breadcrumbs
½ tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp gochujang
½ tbsp minced ginger
½ tbsp minced garlic
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
For the glaze
200g apricot jam (pick out any whole apricots)
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar half tbsp
2 tbsp gochujang
8 spring onions, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 200C(Fan)/220C/Gas mark 7
2. Thoroughly mix all the meatball ingredients and roll into balls.
3. Put on a greased baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Put all the sauce ingredients into a pan and heat until you have glossy sauce.
5. Serve the meatballs on rice covered with the glaze and a sprinkling of spring onions.