A delicious and easy pan fried pigeon recipe with a tasty cider sauce.
8 pigeon breast fillets
1 echalion shallot, finely diced
1 rasher thick-cut smoked bacon or 2 thin rashers, diced
1 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
100ml chicken stock
1 tbsp crème Fraiche
A knob of butter
Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat the butter and a glug or two of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the breasts, turning occasionally, for 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside to rest.
2. Add a touch more oil and fry the shallot and bacon until the shallot is soft.
3. Add the cider and cook for a few minutes, bubbling vigorously.
4. Add the stock and mustard. Cook vigorously for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème Fraiche. Season to taste.
6. Return the pigeon to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until warmed through.
7. Serve with vegetables of your choice.