A super tasty pheasant saltimbocca recipe with mozzarella. Why not try this delicious summer recipe a go today.
1 pack of 4 Wild and Game pheasant breasts
12 sheets of prosciutto
8 fresh sage leaves
100ml Marsala wine
1 standard size balls of fresh mozzarella, sliced.
A knob of butter
A glug of olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice.
1. Preheat the oven to 250C/Gas mark 7.
2. Top each pheasant breast with a sage leaf and wrap in 3 sheets of prosciutto per breast.
3. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan and cook the pheasant for 5 minutes, turning once.
4. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add the Marsala to the pan and cook, bubbling, for a minute.
6. Add the lemon juice. Set sauce aside (you can put it into a sauce jug at this point)
7. Once they have cooked for 10 minutes, top each portion of pheasant with another sage leaf and mozzarella.
8. Grill for a minute or two until browned.
9. Serve with a drizzle of sauce and accompaniments of your choice.