Mexican night anyone? Why not get the family together and give this Mexican shredded pheasant and bean soup recipe a go?
2 Wild and Game pheasant breasts
1 medium onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
A quarter tsp of chilli powder or more/less depending on taste
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp sweetcorn
500ml chicken stock
1 can tinned tomatoes
1 tin black beans, drained
Cheddar, to serve (optional)
1. Place the pheasant breasts in a microwave proof container and add water so it comes about a third of the way up the pheasant. Microwave for 4-6 minutes (depending on strength of microwave) until cooked through. Let cool slightly then shred by pulling apart with two forks.
2. Heat a glug or two of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add the coriander, chili and cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add the stock, tomatoes, sweetcorn and beans. Heat until bubbling.
6. Add the shredded pheasant and heat for about three more minutes.
7. Serve with a sprinkling of cheese.