A delicious Mayonnaise marinated pheasant recipe with arancini patties. Give this recipe a go today, you’ll love it.
4 Wild and Game pheasant breasts
2 tbsp pesto and 2 more to serve
250g chilled leftover risotto
40g panko breadcrumbs
1. Mix the mayonnaise and 2 tbsp pesto and use it to thoroughly coat the pheasant. If possible, leave in the fridge for a few hours before cooking (but it will still taste great if you cook it pretty much immediately).
2. Shape the risotto into four patties.
3. Dip each patty in flour, then the egg, then the panko breadcrumbs. Make sure each one is thoroughly coated.
4. Shake off any excess mayonnaise from the pheasant and cook in a frying or griddle pan for about 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a frying or sauté pan – you need it about half a cm deep.
6. When the oil sizzles if you drop a breadcrumb, add the arancini patties, turn the heat down a bit and cook for about 4-6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through (it’s vital to reheat cold rice until it’s piping hot).
7. Serve the pheasant with the arancini patties, a dollop of pesto, and salad leaves.