A great game-stuffed butternut squash recipe perfect for a family BBQ in the sun. Give it a go and let us know how it goes.
1 pack of 1 Wild and Game venison and pheasant burgers
2 medium-large butternut squashes, halved
60g dried weight couscous, rehydrated by pouring on about 120ml boiling water
1 handful sultanas
250g cooked Puy lentils
1 tsp dried ground coriander
1 block of feta, diced
1 handfuls of toasted pine nuts
1 large onion, diced
1.5tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
4 tsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper
1 handful chopped fresh parsley
1 handful chopped fresh coriander.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas mark 7.
2. Drizzle the butternut squash with olive oil, season it and cook in the oven for 35-40 mins until just soft.
3. Scoop out most of the insides, leaving about 1cm of flesh. Dice half the flesh you removed and discard the rest.
4. Fry the onion in olive oil until soft.
5. Add the burgers and cook, breaking up, until you can see no raw meat.
6. Add the Puy lentils, couscous, sultanas and garlic. Cook for 1m.
7. Add the cumin, turmeric and ground coriander and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the feta, pine nuts, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
9. Add the herbs and stir again.
10. Stuff the mixture into the hollowed-out squash halves – be generous.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned.
12. Serve immediately.