Looking to mix up your usual evening meals? Check out this Fiery Korean Style BBQ Pheasant Recipe. It’s delicious!
For the marinade/sauce
6 tbsp Gochujang chilli paste
4 tsp Gochugaru chilli flakes
2 tbsp mirin
4 tbsp light soy sauce
6 tbsp Sprite or 7Up
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp onion salt
4 tap minced garlic
4 tsp minced ginger
4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
6 spring onions, sliced
300ml sauce 100ml marinade
Cook for 10m
1. Thoroughly mix all the marinade/sauce ingredients.
2. Put the pheasant breasts in a dish and pour on enough sauce/marinade to cover them (around 100 ml). Leave for at least half an hour, or longer if possible (you can leave them overnight if you wish).
3. Put the rest of the sauce/marinade in a pan or store in the fridge if you’re marinating the pheasant overnight.
4. Remove the pheasant breasts from the marinade and discard the marinade.
5. Heat a grill pan of BBQ and cook the pheasant until done (about 10 minutes)
6. Meanwhile, heat the sauce/marinade that you set aside and bubble it gently for a few minutes until you have a shiny sauce.
7. Serve the pheasant on rice topped with the sauce and spring onions.