A super tasty game sausage tray bake recipe with tomato sauce. Give this delicious recipe a go today.
1 pack Wild and Game sausages (any variety)
3 carrots, cut into chunks
3 parsnips, cut into chunks
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3 onions, quartered
100ml olive oil
4 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp whole grain Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp cider vinegar
A handful of thyme
Salt and pepper
For the sauce
1 onion, diced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp sugar
a pinch of chilli powder
½ tsp ground coriander
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7.
2. Boil the vegetables in salted water for 5 minutes then drain and tip back into the pan with the onions and the sausages.
3. Combine the olive oil, honey, mustard, and vinegar and mix, then tip into the pan with the vegetables. Put the lid on and shake so everything is coated.
4. Tip into a roasting tray and top with the thyme. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper, then put in the oven for 34-40 minutes or until everything is nicely browned.
5. While the tray bake is cooking, make the sauce. Pour a glug or two of olive oil into a pan and cook the onion until soft.
6. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar and cook for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with the sausages and vegetables.