A delicious slow-cooked game pie recipe by one of our Facebook competition entrants. Try it for yourself today.
Game Pie recipe by Emma Vigor
1 packet of game mix (about 500g of game)
330ml beer (we used an IPA)
2 Oxo cubes
1 packet of Jus Rol Puff Pastry (but you could make your own)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C, gas mark 4
2. Put the game mix, vegetables, beer, and oxo cubes into a slow cooker.
3. Cook for 4+ hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Once cooked through, season to taste, and then pour the mixture into a glass dish.
5. Cover with puff pastry. Cut off excess pastry.
6. Brush egg wash over the top.
7. Cook in the oven for 30mins or until the pastry is golden brown.
8. Serve immediately.