Nutrional Value: Per 100g
Energy kCal: 104, Energy kj 442: Protein 23.4g: Carbohydrates 0g: Sugar 0g: Salt 0g: Fat 1.0g.
The product is stored frozen (-18>-25 ̊C) until despatch, Once Product is defrosted use within 7 days
Nordic venison cooked the traditional way
Ingredients (feeds 4)
500g Wild and Game Nordic venison
1 onion, diced, 2 generous knobs of butter
200g sliced mushrooms, 100ml white wine
200ml double strength beef stock (reduce your own stock or make up concentrated stock with half the usual amount of water)
100ml double cream
Salt and pepper,Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Add the venison and cook until browned.
- Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the stock and bubble for about 10 minutes until significantly reduced but still saucy.
- Add the cream and season to taste.
- Serve with mashed potato and a sprinkling of fresh parsley (optional).