Wild Boar with Apple Sage Sauce Recipe
A delicious wild boar with apple sage sauce recipe, give it a go today.
2 wild boar loin steaks
2 dessert apples, diced quite small
1 shallot, finely diced
150 ml cider
100 ml chicken stock
10 sage leaves
a knob of butter
a glug of olive oil
100ml chicken stock
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp crème fraiche
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying or saute pan. Turn the heat up full, add the steaks and cook for 3 minutes, turning once. Then turn the heat down low and cook for a further 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
2. Add the shallot to the pan and cook until soft.
3. Add the cider and apple and cook for a couple of minutes, bubbling vigorously.
4. Add the stock, vinegar, honey, and sage. Cook for 10 minutes, bubbling vigorously until the apple is soft.
5. Switch the heat off and stir in the crème fraiche.
6. If the steaks have cooled too much, add them to the pan, turn the heat on gently and warm through for a couple of minutes.
7. Serve the steaks with the sauce and vegetables of your choice.