Wild Boar Tenderloin With Apple and Cider Recipe
Wild Boar Tenderloin With Apple and Cider Recipe.
Feeds 4 as a light meal or 2 for hearty portions.
2 packs Wild and Game wild boar tenderloin (8 tenderloin medallions). If you can, keep these out of the fridge for an hour or so before cooking so they reach room temperature.
2 echalion shallots, finely chopped
4 dessert apples, peeled and diced
500 ml medium dry cider
200 ml chicken stock
2 tbsp truffle honey
4 sprigs thyme
150 ml double cream
A knob of butter
A glug or two of olive oil
1. Pan-fry the tenderloin in the oil and butter for about 2 minutes each side. Set aside.
2. Fry the onion in the pan.
3. Add the apple and thyme. Cook for a few minutes, stirring.
4. Add the cider, stock and honey.
5. Cook until the apple is soft.
6. Add the tenderloin.
7. Cook for 5 min until the tenderloin is heated through.
8. Remove from the heat and add the cream. Stir, then turn the heat back on and heat gently for a minute.
9. Serve with vegetables of your choice.