Wild Boar Haunch Steak with Mushroom and Parmesan Sauce Recipe
Thinking about purchasing one of our new wild boar haunch steak products?
Check out this recipe. Feeds 2
1 pack of 2 Wild and Game wild boar haunch steaks
100g mushrooms, finely sliced
Half an onion or one large echalion shallot, finely diced
1 tbsp brandy
200 ml chicken or vegetable stock
150 ml crème fraiche
A knob of butter
A glug or two of olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan and pan-fry the steaks on a medium heat to your liking: 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare, 5-6 minutes each side for medium and around 8 minutes each side for well done. Set aside to rest.
2. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and fry the onion, stirring vigorously, until soft.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and reduced in size.
4. Add the brandy and cook for a couple of minutes to cook off the alcohol.
5. Add the stock and cook vigorously for 5 minutes, until reduced by about half.
6. Turn off the heat and stir in the crème fraiche. Mix thoroughly.
7. Add the parmesan. Stir until melted and thoroughly combined.
8. Season to taste.
9. Place the steaks back in the pan and spoon sauce over them, Turn the heat back on and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes, then serve with vegetables of your choice.