Herbed Wild Boar Recipe
A delicious herbed wild boar with white bean bake recipe. Give it a go for yourself.
2 Wild and Game wild boar loin steaks
2 carrots, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
2 sticks of celery, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tins of cannellini beans
1 glass of white wine
500ml chicken stock
75g Parmesan, grated
A knob of butter
A glug of olive oil
3 tbsp double cream
For the topping
2 slices seeded bread
50g Parmesan, grated
To coat the boar steaks:
½ tsp onion salt
¼ tsp garlic granules
1.5 tsp mixed dried herbs
A few generous grinds of black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
2. Remove the boar steaks from the fridge so they come up to room temperature.
3. Heat a knob of butter and some olive oil in a pan and fry the onion, celery and carrot until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the herbs and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
7. Add the stock and the beans.
8. Cook for about 25-30 minutes until the liquid has reduced but it’s still quite saucy.
9. Switch the heat off and stir in the 75g of Parmesan and cream. Stir until combined and smooth.
10. To make the topping, whizz the bread with the Parmesan in a food processor.
11. Pour the bean mixture into a casserole dish and top with the breadcrumb and cheese mix.
12. Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until browned.
13. Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for coating the boar steaks and sprinkle on both sides of the steaks.
14. Heat some more butter and olive oil in a sauté pan and cook the steals for about 3 minutes, turning once.
15. Place on a baking tray in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160F. Remove and rest for a few minutes.
16. Serve the steaks with the bean bake.