French-Style Wild Boar Recipe
A delicious French-Style Wild Boar Recipe with a Dijon mustard sauce. Get fancy this weekend and give this recipe a go.
2 Wild and Game wild boar steaks
150ml white wine
500ml chicken stock
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
150ml double cream
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp honey
Freshly ground black pepper
A knob of butter
A few glugs of olive oil
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan and cook the boar on high for 2 minutes each side, then turn the heat down low and continue cooking for another 2 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat some more olive oil in the pan and cook the shallot on a very low heat for about a minute, adding the garlic halfway through.
3. Add the wine and bubble for a couple of minutes, scraping the pan so the burnt bits are released and dissolve into the liquid (If there are big burnt buts, help them along by breaking them up with a spoon.
4. Add the mustard and honey and stir until the mustard is thoroughly mixed in and no lumps are remaining.
5. Add the stock and put the boar back in the pan.
6. Cook, bubbling steadily, for 15 minutes, then remove the boar (its internal temperature should be 160F). Set aside to rest and turn the heat up so that the sauce bubbles more fiercely. Let it bubble for 5 minutes.
7. Turn the heat down low and add the cream and parsley. Stir until thoroughly combined and season to taste.
8. Serve with vegetables of your choice.