Wild Boar and Venison Meatball Bake Recipe
A delicious wild boar and venison meatball bake recipe you and your whole family will love.
For the meatballs
1 pack (500g) Wild and Game wild boar sausage meat
500g Wild and Game minced venison
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
1. 5 tsp salt
Several generous grinds of black pepper
100g fresh breadcrumbs
1 onion, finely diced
75g grated parmesan
2 eggs, beaten
For the sauce
1 onion, diced
3 tsp minced garlic
3 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
¾ tsp ground cumin
¾ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ – ½ tsp chilli powder depending on taste
1 tsp sea salt crystals
1 scant tsp sugar
A couple of glugs of olive oil
250g grated mozzarella
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
2. Combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Keep stirring until very well combined.
3. Roll the mix into 24 meatballs.
4. Place the meatballs on an oiled baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion until soft.
6. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
7. Add the spices and oregano and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add the tomatoes, water, puree, sugar, and salt.
9. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
10. Once the meatballs are cooked and the sauce is ready, combine both in an oven tin or lasagne dish.
11. Top with the mozzarella.
12. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is browned.
13. Serve with crusty bread.