Venison Steaks with Green Peppercorn Sauce
If you’re seeking a quick, easy but impressive way to serve venison steaks, look no further.
This recipe teams juicy, tender venison steaks with a piquant green peppercorn sauce. It’s a refreshing spin on your usual steak and chips, and is one of our favourite ways to serve venison.
1 pack of 2 Wild and Game venison steaks
A glug of olive oil
A knob of butter
For the sauce
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 tbsp brandy
4 tbsp green peppercorns in brine (it’s fine if you scoop up a bit of brine at the same time)
250ml beef stock
4 tbsp French creme fraiche (French is best because it doesn’t split)
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauté pan and cook the steaks on high for 2 minutes each side, then turn the heat down and cook for a further 8 minutes, turning once. Remove and set aside.
- With the heat down low, add the shallot to the pan and cook gently for about 30 seconds, then add the brandy and bubble for a minute.
- Add the stock and peppercorns and bubble for about 8 minutes until the liquid barely covers the peppercorns.
- Turn the heat down low and stir in the crème fraiche.
- Serve the sauce with the steaks and vegetables of your choice.