Venison Sloppy Joes Recipe
A true comfort food recipe with a twist! Why not try out this delicious venison sloppy joes recipe for yourself? Let us know what you think.
4 burger buns
500g Wild and Game venison mince
1 green pepper, finely diced
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp tomato puree
150g tomato ketchup
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp smooth Dijon Mustard
Half a tsp Worcester sauce
A quarter to a half tsp chilli powder, depending on taste
Salt and pepper to taste
A glug of olive or vegetable oil
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and pepper until soft.
2. Add the venison and cook for a few minutes until no longer red.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute,
4. Add the chilli powder and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add the tomato puree, mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and stir until bubbling.
6. Add the water.
7. Cook for 30 minutes until fairly dry. Season to taste.
8. Cut the buns in two and toast them.
9. Serve the meat mixture in the buns.