Venison Kofta Kebab Recipe
A delicious venison kofta kebab recipe, give this recipe a go for yourself.
Makes 4 kebabs
For the koftas
500g Wild and Game minced venison
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 green chillies, finely chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea salt
4 tsp dried coriander leaf
1.5 tsp dried mint
1 small onion, very finely chopped
1 red onion, sliced
4-6 tomatoes, sliced
About a third of a cucumber, sliced
a handful of fresh coriander
Your favourite chilli sauce
Minted yoghurt sauce made from 120g of plain yoghurt mixed with ½ tsp minced garlic and
1 tsp mint sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
2. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water.
3. Put all the kofta ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Roll the meat mix into 12 balls, then flatten to make ovals and thread three of these onto each skewer.
5. Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with the flatbreads, tomatoes, coriander, cucumber, onion, mint sauce and your choice of chilli sauce
Cook 15m 200c