Venison Fillet Recipe
A delicious Venison fillet recipe with stilton and raspberry salad. Perfect for summer al fresco dining in the garden, give it a go!
1 Wild and Game venison fillet
4 tsp truffle honey
Salad 2 x 90g bags of baby leaf salad or similar
Salt and pepper
A knob of butter
For the dressing
2 tbsp crème de cassis
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp smooth Dijon mustard
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp sea salt
Several generous grinds of black pepper
1. Remove the venison fillet from the fridge half an hour before you’re going to start cooking it.
2. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C
3. Rub the fillet in olive oil and season it.
4. Melt some butter in a frying pan and brown the fillet, turning it and cooking it for 2 minutes.
5. Place on a tray in the oven and roast for 15 minutes (this will cook it medium). Let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Combine all the dressing ingredients and shake/mix thoroughly.
7. Cutting diagonally, slice the fillet into slices about 1cm thick.
8. Divide the salad leaves, crumbled Stilton, walnuts, and raspberries between four plates and top with venison slices. Drizzle with the sauce and 1 tsp truffle honey per plate. Serve immediately.