Venison Fajitas Recipe
Everyone loves a good fajita. So why not mix it up with a venison twist? Check out this venison fajitas recipe.
2 Wild and Game venison steaks (remove from fridge half an hour before cooking)
Half a green pepper, sliced
Half a red pepper, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
For the seasoning:
2 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp sea salt crystals (reduce this if using fine salt)
1 pack tortillas
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Grated Cheddar (optional)
Tomato sauce (see below)
For the tomato sauce
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
A glug or two of olive oil
1. First, make the tomato sauce. Fry the chopped onion in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes and sugar and bring to a gentle simmer. Let it cook while you do the rest of the cooking.
5. Now mix the seasoning ingredients and use half of the mix to coat the venison steaks.
6. Heat a couple of glugs of olive oil in a frying pan or wok and cook the venison for 2 minutes on each side on a high heat then turn the heat down low and cook gently for another 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside to rest.
7. Now sprinkle the rest of the seasoning on the vegetables. Heat a couple of glugs of olive oil in a fresh pan and stir fry the peppers and onion for a minute or two until cooked but retaining some bite.
8. Check the tomato sauce and season it to taste.
9. Slice the steaks and serve in the tortillas with the tomato sauce, soured cream, guacamole, coriander, and cheese, if using.