Summer Venison Stew Recipe
Venison stew is one of the finest ways to enjoy diced venison, so why limit it to the winter?
This summer venison stew includes seasonal vegetables and white wine for lightness of flavour. It’s a hugely comforting dish that also tastes great the next day.
1 pack of Wild and Game diced venison
1 glass of white wine
1 litre of beef stock
2 medium carrots, cut into batons
100g fresh or frozen peas
1 onion, sliced
A sprig or two of thyme.
2 tbsp plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas mark 2.
2. Toss the venison in the flour until evenly coated.
3. Heat a glug or two of olive oil in a Dutch oven or similar hob and oven-proof dish.
4. Fry the onion in the oil until soft then add the venison and cook until browned.
5. Add the wine and cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the stock and thyme.
7. Bring to the boil then put in the oven for 1.5 hours.
8. Add the carrots and cook for a further 30 minutes.
9. Add the peas and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
10. Serve with mashed potato.