Pan-Fried Venison Barnsley Chops Recipe
A simply delicious Pan-fried venison Barnsley chops recipe with hedgerow sauce. Why not give this recipe a go and let us know how it goes?
1 pack of two Wild and Game venison Barnsley chops
A knob of butter
A glug or two of olive oil
For the sauce
100ml red wine
200ml beef stock
1 tbsp mushroom ketchup
1 tbsp seedless Bramble preserve
1 tsp cornflour
Salt and pepper.
Vegetables of your choice.
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and pan-fry the chops. Cook on high for the first
2 minutes, turning once, then on medium-low for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
2. Remove the chops from the pan and set aside to rest. Keep warm.
3. Add the wine to the pan and bubble for a minute or two, scraping any burnt bits from the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the mushroom ketchup, Bramble preserve, and beef stock.
5. Bubble fiercely for about 8 minutes until reduced. Mix the cornflour with a little water and stir into the sauce. Keep stirring until it’s thickened. Adjust seasoning as required.
6. Serve the sauce with the chops and vegetables of your choice.