Mongolian Venison Recipe
A delicious and light Mongolian venison recipe. Perfect as the evenings begin to become a little lighter and warmer.
2 packs of 2 Ben Rigby venison loin steaks (150g x 4)
A couple of glugs of vegetable oil
4 tsp garlic
4 tsp ginger
2 generous tbsp cornflour
6 Spring onions, sliced
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Thinly slice the loin steaks, cutting at an angle, across the grain.
2. Thoroughly coat the venison slices in cornflour and rest for 2 minutes.
3. Combine the sauce ingredients.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the venison on a high heat for about 2 minutes, until just cooked through.
5. Turn down the heat, add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute.
6. Add the sauce ingredients and stir until you have a thick sauce.
7. Serve with rice, sprinkled in the spring onions.