Hoisin Venison Sausages Recipe By Karl Anthony Jones
A delicious Hoisin Venison Sausages Recipe with noodles and flatbread by one of our Facebook competition entrants. Try it for yourself today.
Here’s a recipe for ambitious cooks who want to make their own sausages – but you could use bought sausages, as detailed below.
For the flatbread
200g of plain four
100ml of warm water
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
For the stir fry
Vegetables of your choice
To make the flatbread
- Mix the flour and nearly all of the water into the flour and a drop of olive oil. You might not need all of the water.
- Knead until the dough is soft and not sticky, if sticky add flour if dry add water. No need to let it rise.
- Add a drop of oil to pan on a medium-high heat.
- Cut your dough into 6 pieces and roll them out until they’re roughly 3mm thick – any thinner and they become brittle once cooked.
- Drop one in the pan, only a couple of minutes each side.
- Continue with the rest and once all are cooked, mix a tablespoon of butter and oil together and add a tea poon of garlic powder and a tsp of parsley, mix together and brush onto all of the flatbread and serve while still warm.
To combine the whole dish
- Poach the sausages in water on a simmer for 8 minutes.
- Cook off the veg and noodles in a wok and add just a little Hoi Sin sauce to the wok. Remove sausages from the water and slice into 5mm disks.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and flash fry the sausage disks.
- Place the noodles and veg mix on the plate and top them with the sausage.