Roasted Rabbit Recipe
A delicious roasted rabbit recipe with vegetables and white wine gravy. Switch up your Sunday and give this a go.
1 Wild and Game rabbit
3 large potatoes, cut into chunks
3 carrots, cut into chunks
300g butternut squash, cut into chunks
3 beetroots, cut into chunks
4 shallots, peeled
Salt and pepper
A handful of fresh thyme
For the gravy
A glass of white wine
4 tsp truffle honey (or use regular honey if you don’t have this)
500ml chicken stock
1 generous tbsp cornflour
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 225C, gas mark 7.
2. Joint the rabbit – you can find videos online that will explain how to do this. Don’t worry – it’s easy.
3. Bubble the potatoes in boiling salted water for a few minutes until you can easily insert a fork a couple of millimetres into them.
4. Meanwhile, oil a roasting tin with olive oil and place it in the oven.
5. Drain the potatoes and put them back in the pan with the other vegetables. Season and pour on enough olive oil to coat them. Pop the lid on the pan and shake until all vegetables are coated in oil.
6. Tip the vegetables into the roasting tin, add the thyme and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
7. Add the rabbit and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
8. When cooked, put the rabbit and vegetables into serving bowls and keep warm while you make the gravy.
9. Place the roasting tin on the hob, add the wine and bubble for a minute, scraping up any caramelised juices.
10. Add the stock and bubble for a minute.
11. Combine the cornflour with a little water until smooth then pour into the pan and stir, heating, until thickened. Taste, season and add more honey if desired.
12. Serve the roasted rabbit and vegetables with the gravy.