Wild Wood Pigeon Ramen Recipe by India Annand
A delicious wild wood pigeon ramen recipe with venison & miso broth by one of our Facebook competition entrants. Try it for yourself today.
This is a delicious, spicy and nourishing noodle soup to have. It’s so hearty – perfect for winter evenings in front of the fire.
Serves 2 people
200g Ramen noodles
2 wood pigeon breasts
1 tablespoon of Gochujang Paste
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
3 garlic cloves chopped
1.5cm piece of ginger finely chopped
200g of oyster or chanterelle mushrooms (or button mushrooms) loosely chopped (you can use dry mushrooms as well)
1 litre of water
A few tablespoons of venison stock (or any wild game stock) or a beef or chicken stock cube
1 tablespoon of white miso paste
2 tablespoon of mirin
A handful of coriander, finely chopped
4 handfuls of spinach fried
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 fresh red chilli sliced thinly
2 spring onions sliced thinly
2 chicken’s eggs (or 4 quail eggs) boiled
- Marinade the pigeon in gochujang paste and soy sauce. Put aside.
- Fry the garlic and ginger together in a pot. If you’re using fresh mushrooms add these and lightly fry them for a few minutes. Add 1 litre of boiling water, venison stock and miso paste. If using dried mushrooms add them now. Put heat down to medium or low. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop coriander, spring onions and red chilli. Put aside. Get eggs in a pot to add boiling water to later and get spinach ready to be fried in a small pot too.
- Get a fry pan and put coconut oil in it. Put the stovetop on high. Once this is hot, add pigeon breasts whole. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. Put the thermometer in and once it hits 50 degrees take off the heat. Wrap in tinfoil and let meat rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Add boiling water to eggs and boil them for 5 minutes. Add noodles and mirin to stock in the pot. Once the eggs are boiled, peel them and chop them in half. Fry spinach for a couple minutes and put aside. Slice the pigeon breast lengthways.
- When you are ready to serve. Add the broth and noodles to bowls. Then place the spinach on top with pigeon breast and egg. Top with coriander, spring onions, fresh chilli and sesame seeds.