Pan-fried Pigeon Breast with Beetroot Puree and Blueberry Salad
Looking for some recipes inspiration this summer?
Here is a new recipe that will work a treat this summer with Wild and Game’s ready-to-cook meat.
Pan-fried pigeon breast with beetroot puree and blueberry salad
Serves 2 as a main or 3 as a starter
- 1 pack Wild and Game pigeon breasts
- 4 cooked beetroot
- A splash of balsamic
- 1 tsp onion salt or regular salt
- 2 handfuls handful hazelnuts
- 2 handfuls blueberries
- large handfuls of salad leaves x 2 – ideally including rocket
- A knob of butter
- A splash of olive oil
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice according to how punchy you like it
- Whizz the beetroot in a blender with a splash of balsamic and the onion salt or regular salt. Keep whizzing until you have a puree. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toast the hazelnuts for a couple of minutes in a dry pan then set aside to cool.
- Combine the salad leaves and blueberries.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and shake or stir until fully mixed.
- Pan fry the pigeon breasts in the butter and olive oil for about 3 minutes each side or a bit longer, according to taste.
- Rest the breasts on a plate for a couple of minutes.
- Combine the salad leaves and blueberries and mix in enough of the dressing to lightly coat them. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
- Place the salad and a generous smear of beetroot puree on a plate, add the pigeon breasts and serve.