Pheasant Nasi Goreng Recipe
Try something different this weekend and give this tasty Pheasant Nasi Goreng recipe a go.
Buy your Pheasant Breasts here
500g cooked basmati rice, cold (it’s vital that it’s cold and dry – pop it in the fridge or freezer if in a hurry)
4 Wild and Game pheasant breasts, chopped small
3 echalion shallots, chopped
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
6 tbsp Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tsp fish sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
A glug or two of sunflower oil
Red chillies x 2, finely chopped
Spring onion x 2, sliced
2 handfuls crispy fried onion (available from most supermarkets – optional but highly recommended. Alternatively make your own by tossing sliced onion in a little plain flour, frying in hot sunflower oil, removing with a slotted spoon and drying on paper towels).
1. Heat the oil and fry the pheasant until cooked and starting to brown.
2. Add 2 tbsp Kecap Manis and cook for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the shallot and cook for a few minutes until softened.
4. Add the minced ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add the rice and stir fry until hot.
6. Add 4 tbsp kecap manis, 1 tsp fish sauce, and 2 tbsp light soy sauce.
7. Stir fry until quite dry. Switch off the heat.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs.
9. Divide the rice mixture between two bowls and top with the eggs and the sliced chillies, spring onion and crispy onion.
10. Serve immediately.