Parmesan Pheasant Breasts with Crispy Ham
Deliciously crispy pheasant breasts coated in a Parmesan crisp. Quick and easy to whip up as the perfect mid-week dinner.
- 4 pheasant breasts
- 4-6 fresh sage leaves
- 100g of grated Parmesan
- 8 slices of prosciutto crudo or air-dried ham
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Score the underside of each pheasant breast in a criss-cross pattern with a small, sharp knife. Lay the breasts side by side on a large chopping board and season well with black pepper.
- Combine the chopped sage and Parmesan, sprinkle evenly over the pheasant. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast, overlapping slightly and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover the breasts and chopping board with clingfilm and “whack” them with a frying pan until they are approximately 1cm thick.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, transfer the breasts into it and cook ham side down (remember to remove the clingfilm first!). Drizzle a little more oil over the top and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side to ensure the ham is crispy.
- Serve with lemon wedges, salad and new potatoes.