Mediterranean Sausage Salad Recipe
A deliciously light recipe, perfect for a hot day with the family.
1 pack Wild and Game pheasant and venison sausages
300g dried weight couscous
600ml hot vegetable stock
1 red or green pepper (or half of each) diced
1 large onion, diced
350g sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 block of feta, diced
1 large handful (1 whole supermarket plant) of fresh parsley, chopped
1 large handful (1 whole supermarket plant) of fresh coriander, chopped
2 handfuls pine nuts, toasted
Salt and pepper
6tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
50ml olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas mark 7
2. Toss the sausages, peppers, onion and sweet potato in olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the sausages once.
3. Make up the couscous by pouring on the hot stock, placing a lid over it for 10m then fluffing up with a fork.
4. When the time is up, remove the sausages and veg from the oven. Take the sausages out and slice them. Tip these and the contents of the roasting tray onto the couscous and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the feta, parsley, pine nuts and coriander.
6. Mix together the dressing ingredients and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve immediately.