Herby Pheasant with White Beans Recipe
A delicious herby pheasant recipe filled with flavour! Give it a try for yourself.
1 pack of Wild and Game garlic and herb pheasant breasts
2 tins white beans (we used cannellini)
1 onion, finely diced
1 tsp minced garlic
500 ml chicken stock
1 glass white wine
1 carrot, finely diced
1 stick of celery finely diced
A handful of fresh tarragon or thyme leaves
50g grated Parmesan
A generous tsp smooth Dijon mustard
A glug of olive or vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion, celery, and carrot until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
3. Add the wine and cook for a few minutes until reduced. While doing this, add the tarragon.
4. Add the stock and beans.
5. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid has significantly reduced.
6. Stir in the Parmesan and turn the heat down low. Season to taste.
7. Heat a grill pan and lightly oil it. Grill the pheasant for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
8. Serve the pheasant on top of the beans, maybe with some toasted sourdough on the side.