Game Stuffed Peppers Recipe
A summer favourite with a twist. Game stuffed peppers with venison and pheasant.
4 Wild and Game venison and pheasant burgers
1 medium onion, finely diced
Half a pepper (any colour), finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp mixed dried Italian herbs
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
250g cooked long grain rice (1 microwave pack)
150g block feta
6-8 whole peppers depending on size, any colours
200g grated mozzarella
A good glug or two of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade, gas mark 7.
2. Head the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Fry the onion till soft.
3. Add the garlic and chopped pepper and cook for a minute or two more.
4. Add the burgers, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Keep frying until the
burgers are cooked.
5. Add the rice and herbs and cook for a minute then add the tomatoes and cook for a
couple of minutes, stirring.
6. Add the feta, stir thoroughly until everything is combined and switch off the heat.
7. Season to taste.
8. Chop the peppers in half and fill each half with the rice and burger mixture. Press
down tightly. Place on a baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle each pepper generously with mozzarella.
10. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the mozzarella is nicely browned.