Sweet, sour and devilishly hot all at the same time! Delicious served with basmati rice and mango chutney. If you love your spice, add ground chillies for an extra kick.
- 2 tsp of soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- ½ tsp of mild curry powder
- ½ tsp of English mustard powder
- 2 pheasants trimmed and jointed into 8 pieces
- 50g of melted butter
- 3 tbsp of tomato chutney
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp of brown sauce and a little stock
- Mix the brown sugar, black pepper, ground ginger, curry powder and mustard powder in a large bowl. Rub well into the pheasant pieces and set aside for an hour or two to marinade.
- Brush the pheasant pieces with half the butter and grill on a rack under a medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tomato chutney, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, soy sauce and brown sauce and the remaining butter and heat in a pan on a low heat.
- Tip the pheasant pieces into the bottom of the grill pan and pour over the sauce. Continue grilling for another 10 to 15 minutes, basting frequently, then place in a warmed dish with the sauce poured over the top.
- Deglaze the pan with a little stock and stir into the pheasant dish. Serve with basmati rice and steamed broccoli or mangetout.