Whole Partridge with White Wine and Tarragon
Looking to experiment with something a bit different this weekend?
Our whole partridge with white wine and tarragon is perfect for that. Give it a go today and you can see the rest of our delicious game recipes here.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Wild and Game oven ready partridges
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 large glass white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- Butter or olive oil for frying
- Fry the birds in the oil in an oven and hob-proof casserole dish until browned, then remove and place on a plate.
- Put the onions into the pan, fry until soft then add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Put the birds back in the pot and add the wine and stock.
- Cover and cook at 220 degrees centigrade/gas mark 7 for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the crème fraiche until you have a creamy sauce. Season to taste and serve with seasonal vegetables.