Tom's Pot Roast Partridge with Blackberries
A surprisingly quick and easy dish of roast partridge with blackberries, which serves as a delicious dinner or an impressive dinner party dish. Just multiply the ingredient quantities as required.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 100g of streaky bacon (diced)
- 2 oven-ready partridges
- 1 onion (peeled and quartered)
- 2 bramley apples (peeled, cored and quartered)
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 500ml of chicken/vegetable stock
- 50ml of port
- 120g of blackberries
- Few sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Heat the vegetable oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat, add the diced bacon and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Add the partridges to the casserole dish and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly coloured on all sides. Remove the partridges and keep warm. Add the onion to the dish and cook until soft, then add the bacon back in and place the partridge on top.
- Place the apples and rosemary around the sides and pour the stock and the port over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove and add the blackberries and thyme. Return the dish to the oven for a further 10-12 minutes until browned and bubbling.
- Serve with mashed potato and wilted green vegetables. Enjoy!