Pheasant, Partridge, Lemon & Olive Tagine
A delicious Moroccan feast – Pheasant, Partridge, Lemon & Olive Tagine. Perfect to try out during the summer months, opt for pheasant and partridge rather than traditional chicken. Marinating the meat overnight adds real depth of flavour to this dish.
- Whole pheasant and partridge cut into pieces (or 6-8 breasts, if preferred)
- 3 cloves of garlic – crushed
- Olive oil
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 tsp cumin
- One stick of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 onions
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of green olives
- 2 preserved lemons cut into slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the garlic, black pepper and oil together and rub over the meat. set aside for a few hours or ideally overnight.
- Heat oil in the tagine and fry meat until golden brown.
- Add the spices and onions and stir fry over a high heat. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cover with a lid leaving a crack for the steam to escape. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the olives and preserved lemons and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the meat and set aside. Reduce down the sauce stirring continuously until it’s thickened. Add the meat back in and serve. Goes well with lemon couscous or a fresh, green salad.
Whole game meat as well as breast fillets are now available to buy online. Browse the range.