Partridge Summer Salad With Blueberries
The perfect summer salad, incorporating lovely, fresh blueberries for a tasty al-fresco lunch or light dinner. Partridge doesn’t just have to be used in a pie or a pot roast it can be just as versatile as any other meat, as look as you don’t overcook it.
Serves 6 people.
- 12 partridge breasts
- 15g of butter
- 2oz of watercress
- 55g of wild rocket
- 4oz of blueberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 heaped tsp of honey
- 4floz of rapeseed oil
- 1 peeled and finely chopped shallot
- Season the partridge breasts well with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in pan and add the partridge breasts in batches. Fry for 4-5 mins, ensuring to turn the meat half way through, and transfer to a warmed plate.
- To make the dressing, mix together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey. Then gradually whisk in the rapeseed oil and add the chopped shallot.
- Toss the watercress and rocket with the dressing and arrange onto 6 plates. Thinly slice the partridge breasts, sprinkle with blueberries and serve.
**For an alternate twist on the salad dressing, substitute the red wine vinegar for sherry vinegar and the rapeseed oil for walnut oil.**