Lemony Middle Eastern Partridge
Looking for something different this winter? We are right in the middle of partridge season so why not try out this Lemony Middle Eastern Partridge Recipe?
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Wild and Game oven-ready partridges
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Half a tsp cumin
- Half a tsp ground ginger
- 4 small preserved lemons
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 50g green olives
- Black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Brown the birds in an oven and hob-proof cooking pot then set aside on a plate
- Fry the onions until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a couple more minutes
- Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds
- Put the birds back in the pot and add the stock and lemons
- Put on the lid and cook for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice or couscous.