Indonesian-Style Partridge With Ginger and Peanut Recipe
A delicious exotic dish with a twist. Give this Indonesian-Style Partridge recipe a go today!
2 packs Wild and Game partridge breast fillets (12 fillets)
1 medium onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Half a tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tbsp lime juice
3 spring onions, chopped
500 ml chicken stock
1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
1. To tenderise the partridge, chop it into bite-size pieces and sprinkle with the bicarbonate of soda. Mix thoroughly and leave for 10-15 minutes, then thoroughly rinse off the bicarbonate of soda and pat dry.
2. Heat a couple of glugs of vegetable oil in a pan and fry the partridge for 2 minutes, then remove and set aside.
3. Add the onion and cook until soft.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute,
5. Return the partridge to the pan.
6. Add the stock, soy sauce, kecap manis, oyster sauce, peanut butter, and lime juice.
7. Stir until the peanut butter has dispersed and you have a smooth, bubbling sauce.
8. Serve on rice, sprinkled with spring onion.