Grilled Chilli and Lemon Partridge Recipe
A delicious spicy chilli and lemon partridge dish with roasted root vegetables and spicy tomato sauce, perfect for the weekend.
1 pack Wild and Game chilli and lemon marinated partridge breast
200g butternut squash, diced
2 parsnips, diced
2 sweet potatoes, diced
3 beetroot, diced
For the sauce
1 onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
Half a tsp ground cumin
Half a tsp ground coriander
A quarter tsp chilli
I scant tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius, gas mark 7
2. Toss the root vegetables in enough olive oil to coat them and place in a roasting tin in the oven for 40-50 minutes until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat a glug or two of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
5. Add the cumin, coriander and chilli and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the tomatoes, water and sugar.
7. Cook for 25 minutes.
8. When the vegetables are nearly done, heat a grill pan and grill the partridge fillets for about 3 minutes each side until cooked through.
9. Serve the partridge with the vegetables and the tomato sauce.