It’s National BBQ Week – Mouth-Watering Meat Marinade Recipes
All our marinades are perfect with pheasant, partridge or venison as well as the usual BBQ favourites; chicken, beef and pork. As with all marinades, the longer you leave to soak into the meat the more intense flavour. Ideally leave to marinade overnight for a hit of flavour.
Peppery Lime Marinade
- 2 green chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp cracked black peppercorns
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Blitz the chillies in a blender with the garlic, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, lime juice and oil. Pour over your meat of choice and mix well.
- Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and chill in the fridge, overnight if possible.
- Cook on the BBQ to your liking and enjoy with salad, rice and mango chutney.
Ultimate Venison Steak Marinade
- 8-10 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heaped tsp of French mustard
- 2 springs of rosemary
- Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place your steaks into a sealable sandwich bag. Pour 8 – 10 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce into the bag, then add 2 heaped teaspoons of French mustard.
- Finely chop 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary and add to the bag with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag, seal, then massage all the flavours into the meat for a few mins. Leave in the fridge for at least a few hours or preferably overnight.
- About 1½ hours before you’re ready to cook, remove the steak from the fridge and place in a cool corner of the kitchen to slowly come up to room temperature.
- Once the meat has reached room temperature, cook to your liking on the BBQ! Perfect with salad and jacket potatoes.
Classic Garlic & Herb Marinade
- Bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, into a food processor (or finely chop by hand) and blitz until very finely chopped. Add the oil, stir and season well with salt and pepper.
- This mix will make enough marinade for 500g of meat (breast or thigh meat). Ideally leave overnight covered in the fridge.
Gorgeous Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Can of chopped tomato
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 85g brown sugar
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat for until softened. Add the remaining ingredients, season and mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins, until the sauce has thickened.
- For a smooth sauce, simply whizz the mixture with a hand blender for a few seconds. Enjoy with any meat!
What are you waiting for, get out there and enjoy the sunshine!